THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME AND HOME = U.P. MANILA

LITERALLY MISSING U.P. MANILA…

I thought this is what I’ve been waiting for… to finally graduate and to finally work. But why am I suddenly feeling very nostalgic and feeling very homesick? Home= U.P. Manila.

I missed U.P. literally.

I missed my department. Department of Arts and Sciences--- Ate Pau, Ate Novs, Sir Chong--- my favorite professor--- Sir Hensy, my beloved thesis adviser…. and I know Sir Barry will come back--- my most reliable technical writing professor.
I know I am lucky enough because we have a very beautiful office in Makati. But every time I think of DAC--- with its not-so-aircon aircon ;); with its very low ceiling and creaking second floor; with its virus-lover computers and laptops; with its very small cubicles for very martyr professors… I can’t help but feel homesick… that department had been both my solitary and my chaotic realm.

I missed GAB cafeteria. Yup. It is not called a canteen, but rather cafeteria. I missed Nutrilicious red tea--- my most favorite tea of all time. It is my comfort drink.. I missed Makel’s. I missed Smokey’s. I even missed the cats lurking around the caf, watching out for unsuspecting victims--- the students’ and their food.

I missed the rest rooms. It is just so different. I missed complaining because there is no flush or there is no water. I missed complaining about the smell and the insensitive students who do not care whether there is still someone who will use the cubicles next. They will still step on the side of the bowl. I missed the broken doors and signs.

I missed RH rooms--- they are where I spent my last two years at U.P.

Believe it or not, I missed the toxicity. The brain drain. The pressure, The stress. The tears. The efforts. The quizzes. The research papers. The thesis. The presentations.

I missed my batchmates--- the laughter amidst deadlines… the teasings amidst stress… the smiles… the balahuraan… the jokes…

I missed wearing short and slippers as if I am not really going to school--- and ironically I missed wearing corporate attires (even though I am always wearing it now)--- it is just different wearing it for reports… for defense…

I even missed seeing blue books, filling up class cards and the feeling of dread while waiting for the grades that the unpredictable professors will give. I even missed the evaluation for professors, which I used to hate.

I missed RH Lobby--- where every one can just sit whenever they want or do whatever they want--- except for charging laptops and cellphones. ;)
I missed the long lines during enrolment… remember.. U.P. also stands for University of Pila.

I missed a lot of simple things. Now I can really feel that there is no place like home. And U.P. Manila had been home for me for four years. I am starting to fall in love with my job, but still.. being a student in U.P. is still different.

Yet I know I have to move on…

Still…I wonder when I can go back to the streets of Faura once again…

Bummer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OF OBLATION MYTHS, SABLAY, PLUS A NOSTALGIC ALUMNA

A Tribute To The Moffatts Part 1: My All-Time Favorite Band

I Ship Dramione