Top Ten Reasons Why I think I'm Still Single

Note: Yes, it's a catharsis. So if you have little patience for cathartic attacks, then don't read.


10- The Hitlers of my life

My number one excuse, even though I think it isn’t really the number one cause.

But yeah, it contributed a lot.

How can I meet guys when I was expected not to have a boyfriend until I finished my college years? How can I meet guys when my curfew is 6 pm (was adjusted when I had a 7 pm class)?

How can guys be attracted to me when every time they even try to bat an eyelash at me, my mom’s throwing them spear eyes? How can guys have the guts to court me (if they really want of course) when every time I talk about a guy in front of my parents during my peak years (college years), my dad always says, “Pang-sampu yan.” (Pang-sampu sa bibitayin niya and it keeps on adding and adding and adding.)

Right now, I think it’s “Pang-labimpito” na.

Dads.

Moms.

9- When guys look into my eyes, they see my eyebrows.

Eyes are mirrors of the soul. I have beautiful eyes. I know that. But they’re failed to be noticed when people see my eyebrows. My thick, bushy eyebrows.

In other words, most guys fail to see what’s inside. I am always just and will always be “one of the guys”. No one has dared yet to look beyond.

Yeah, yeah. It sounds dirty, but it’s not. It’s the truth.

8- I’m a writer

I am so busy writing a love story that I am forgetting to write a love story for myself—partly true.

But the real reason is, I am just waiting for that someone who will write it with me. After all, I have the Notebook. I need a Ballpen.

7- I should turn left, but my mind made me turn right.

I am always looking at the wrong direction. When I realize I made a wrong turn and then I came back; there’s already a Road Block. I couldn’t pass anymore.

6- I don’t need a Survivor winner; I need an Amazing Race winner.

All throughout my life; I made the effort. I need someone who’ll not wait for me to make one. I need someone who will make an effort for me, with the obstacles and all.

5- I daydream at night

Daydreams are supposed to be done during daytime, hence the term daydream.

But I don’t. I daydream at night. It’s maybe the reason why my dreams couldn’t materialize---I daydream at the wrong time.

4- Casper in Devon Sawa’s body is better than no body at all

I need to see if it’s real. Cause until I see a body, I will always think it’s just a ghost. Friendly or not, I will always have doubts and goosebumps.

3- Face to Face not Distance

Face to Face communication is better than distance communication. I want to talk to a real person; not a square thing that has a brain greater than a human, but no feelings.

2- I want a Draco Malfoy; not a Ronald Weasley

I’ve always been attracted to the snob, perfect guys. Guys who are hard to reach. So I always fail to see a simple guy that is just always around me.

Sucks to be me.

And last but not the least………………….

1- I am a Savior

I am still single because I am saving guys from unnecessary heartaches and pains; that them falling in love with me will cause.

So how many of my reasons do you think are actually true? How many are just my defense mechanisms to mask how I really feel?

Honestly, I don’t know how many.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OF OBLATION MYTHS, SABLAY, PLUS A NOSTALGIC ALUMNA

A Tribute To The Moffatts Part 1: My All-Time Favorite Band

I Ship Dramione